Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back From The Dead

Once upon a time, there was a man who lived a life centered around his will and his ego. He had a lot of trouble because of this. Despite his many blessings, he couldn't see anything because he was dead to the world and to himself.

Then one day after spreading strife and misery , he got into a fight and had himself an epiphany. (God, that is. Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost.) The scales fell off his eyes and he knew he had lost everything good in his life. After a prayer and a night of pain and sorrow, the man repented and asked forgiveness.

It appeared to the man that all was lost, and no matter what had happened to him, it was too late to save the one he loved from walking away.

But God is real and he has a plan for each of us. According to God's plan, the man began to be refined, and during this refinement, he learned how to live for the first time.

Then the most amazing thing happened to the man. He was given grace and blessings, and his life was renewed, as was his spirit. Fear and doubt gave way to strength and belief, and his faith became real to him and those who loved him.

This is the beginning of that man's life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve H. Graham said...

1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,

2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.

4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.

5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

15/4/10 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Ed Bonderenka said...

Welcome back. I was dead once, but now I live. Not I, but Christ who lives within me.

15/4/10 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowie! Nothing could be better!

15/4/10 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home